Best Selling CHINAMFG Popular Big Worm Gearbox
1. Housing: Cast Iron
2. Gears: Worm Gears, 1 stage
3. Input Configurations:
Solid Input Shaft
Motor Flange – IEC B5
4. Output Configurations:
Solid Output Shaft
Hollow Output Shaft
1. Different variants, both input and output shafts can be mounted horizontally or vertically
2. Compact structure
3. Direct drive or indirect drive available
4. Output could be CHINAMFG shaft or hollow hole
Models & Variants:
WPA Series – Lower Input Shaft
WPS Series – Upper Input Shaft
WPDA Series – Lower Input Flange
WPDS Series – Upper Input Flange.
WPO Series – Vertical Upward Output Shaft
WPX Series – Vertical Downward Output Shaft
WPDO Series – Vertical Upward Output Shaft, Input Flange
WPDX Series – Vertical Downward Output Shaft, Input Flange
|10/1, 15/1, 20/1, 25/1, 30/1, 40/1, 50/1, 60/1
Our company :
1.More than 35 years experience in R&D and manufacturing, export gear motors & industrial gearboxes.
2. Standardization of the gearbox series
3. Strong design capability for large power & customized gearboxes.
4.High quality gearboxes and proven solutions provider.
5.Strict quality control process, stable quality.
6 Less than 2% of the quality complaints.
7.Modular design, short delivery time.
8.Quick response & professional services.
|1. Select equipment model.
|2.Design and manufacture products according to clients’ special requirement.
|3.Train technical personal for clients
|Services during selling
|1.Pre-check and accept products ahead of delivery.
|2. Help clients to draft solving plans.
|1.Assist clients to prepare for the first construction scheme.
|2. Train the first-line operators.
|3.Take initiative to eliminate the trouble rapidly.
|4. Provide technical exchanging.
1.Q:What kinds of gearbox can you produce for us?
A:Main products of our company: UDL series speed variator,RV series worm gear reducer, ATA series shaft mounted gearbox, X,B series gear reducer,
P series planetary gearbox and R, S, K, and F series helical-tooth reducer, more
than 1 hundred models and thousands of specifications
2.Q:Can you make as per custom drawing?
A: Yes, we offer customized service for customers.
3.Q:What is your terms of payment ?
A: 30% Advance payment by T/T after signing the contract.70% before delivery
4.Q:What is your MOQ?
A: 1 Set
If you have any demand for our products please feel free to contact me.
|Machinery, Agricultural Machinery
|Speed Changing, Speed Reduction
|Hardened Tooth Surface
Can a Worm Gearbox be Used for High-Speed Applications?
Worm gearboxes are generally not recommended for high-speed applications due to their inherent design characteristics. Here’s why:
- Efficiency: Worm gearboxes tend to have lower efficiency compared to other gearbox types, which means they can generate more heat and experience more energy loss at high speeds.
- Heat Generation: The sliding contact between the worm and worm wheel in a worm gearbox can lead to significant friction and heat generation, especially at high speeds. This heat can cause thermal expansion, affecting the gearbox’s performance and longevity.
- Wear and Noise: High speeds can exacerbate wear and noise issues in worm gearboxes. Increased friction and wear can lead to faster degradation of components, resulting in reduced lifespan and increased maintenance needs.
- Backlash: Worm gearboxes may have higher backlash compared to other gearbox types, which can impact precision and accuracy in high-speed applications.
While worm gearboxes are more commonly used in applications requiring high torque and moderate speeds, they may not be the best choice for high-speed scenarios. If high-speed operation is a requirement, other gearbox types such as helical, spur, or planetary gearboxes are often better suited due to their higher efficiency, lower heat generation, and reduced wear at elevated speeds.
Worm Gearbox vs. Helical Gearbox: A Comparison
Worm gearboxes and helical gearboxes are two popular types of gear systems, each with its own set of advantages and disadvantages. Let’s compare them:
|Lower efficiency due to sliding friction between the worm and worm wheel.
|Higher efficiency due to rolling contact between helical gear teeth.
|Excellent torque transmission and high reduction ratios achievable in a single stage.
|Good torque transmission, but may require multiple stages for high reduction ratios.
|Noise and Vibration
|Generally higher noise and vibration levels due to sliding action.
|Lower noise and vibration levels due to smoother rolling contact.
|Higher inherent backlash due to the design.
|Lower backlash due to meshing of helical teeth.
|Efficiency at Higher Speeds
|Less suitable for high-speed applications due to efficiency loss.
|More suitable for high-speed applications due to higher efficiency.
|Natural self-locking feature provides some overload protection.
|May not have the same level of inherent overload protection.
|Commonly used for applications requiring high reduction ratios, such as conveyor systems and heavy-duty machinery.
|Widely used in various applications including automotive transmissions, industrial machinery, and more.
Both worm and helical gearboxes have their place in engineering, and the choice between them depends on the specific requirements of the application. Worm gearboxes are preferred for applications with high reduction ratios, while helical gearboxes are chosen for their higher efficiency and smoother operation.
Lubrication Requirements for a Worm Gearbox
Lubrication is crucial for maintaining the performance and longevity of a worm gearbox. Here are the key considerations for lubricating a worm gearbox:
- Type of Lubricant: Use a high-quality, high-viscosity lubricant specifically designed for worm gearboxes. Worm gearboxes require lubricants with additives that provide proper lubrication and prevent wear.
- Lubrication Interval: Follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for lubrication intervals. Regularly check the gearbox’s temperature and oil condition to determine the optimal frequency of lubrication.
- Oil Level: Maintain the proper oil level to ensure effective lubrication. Too little oil can lead to insufficient lubrication, while too much oil can cause overheating and foaming.
- Lubrication Points: Identify all the lubrication points on the gearbox, including the worm and wheel gear surfaces. Apply the lubricant evenly to ensure complete coverage.
- Temperature: Consider the operating temperature of the gearbox. Some lubricants have temperature limits, and extreme temperatures can affect lubricant viscosity and performance.
- Cleanliness: Keep the gearbox and the surrounding area clean to prevent contaminants from entering the lubricant. Use proper filtration and seals to maintain a clean environment.
- Monitoring: Regularly monitor the gearbox’s temperature, noise level, and vibration to detect any signs of inadequate lubrication or other issues.
Proper lubrication will reduce friction, wear, and heat generation, ensuring smooth and efficient operation of the worm gearbox. Always refer to the manufacturer’s guidelines for lubrication specifications and intervals.
editor by CX 2023-09-21