Gearing Arrangement: Worm Brand Name: EED
Input Speed: 1400 rpm Output Speed: 14 rpm to 186 rpm
Rated Power: 0.06 ~ 4KW Output Torque: 2.6-479N.M
Color: Blue/Silver or on request Origin: ZHangZhoug, China (Mainland)
Warranty: 1 Year Application: Industry
Supply Ability: 20000 Piece/Pieces per Month
Extra Service: OEM is welcome
QC System: ISO9001:2008
Packaging & Delivery
Package: Wooden box/Paper carton
Port: HangZhou/ZheJiang or on request
|Worm Gear Speed Reducer/Worm Gearbox
|NMRV series size:571,030,040,050,063,075,090,110,130,150
|Blue(RAL5571)/Silver grey (RAL9571) or on your request
|Wooden box/Paper carton
|Foodstuffs, Ceramics, Packing, Chemicals, Pharmacy, Plastics, Paper-making, Machine-tools
|IEC standard flange or on request
|Shell or Henry
About CHINAMFG since 1984
HangZhou Melchizedek Import & Export Co., Ltd. is a leader manufactur in mechanism field and punching/stamping field since 1984. Our main product, NMRV worm gear speed reducer and series helical gearbox, XDR, XDF, XDK, XDS have reached the advanced technique index of the congeneric European and Janpanese products. We offer standard gears, sprockets, chains, pulleys, couplings, bushes and so on. We also can accept orders of non-standard products, such as gears, shafts, punching parts ect, according to customers’ drawings or samples.
Our company has complete set of equipment including CNC, lathes, milling machines, gear hobbing machine, gear grinding machine, gear honing machine, gear shaping machine, worm grinder, grinding machines, drilling machines, boringmachines, planer, drawing benches, punches, hydraulic presses, plate shearing machines and so on. We have advanced testing equipments as well.
Our company has established favorable cooperation relationships with sub-suppliers involving casting, raw material, heat treatment, surface finishing and so on.
The most advantage of the speed reducer is the technique of cobber clad, which can enhance the occlusal force between the bronze and core wheel.
|Motor, Machinery, Marine, Agricultural Machinery
|Hardened Tooth Surface
|Shrink Packing, Carton Packing
Is it Possible to Reverse the Direction of a Worm Gearbox?
Yes, it is possible to reverse the direction of a worm gearbox by changing the orientation of either the input or output shaft. However, reversing the direction of a worm gearbox can have some implications that need to be considered:
- Efficiency: Reversing the direction of a worm gearbox can potentially affect its efficiency. Worm gearboxes are typically more efficient in one direction of rotation due to the design of the worm and worm wheel.
- Backlash: Reversing the direction of rotation might lead to increased backlash or play in the gearbox, which can impact precision and smooth operation.
- Lubrication: Depending on the gearbox’s design, reversing the direction could affect lubrication distribution and lead to uneven wear on the gear teeth.
- Load: Reversing the direction might also impact the gearbox’s load-carrying capacity, especially if it’s designed for predominantly one-way operation.
- Noise and Vibration: Direction reversal can sometimes result in increased noise and vibration due to changes in gear engagement and meshing behavior.
If you need to reverse the direction of a worm gearbox, it’s advisable to consult the gearbox manufacturer’s guidelines and recommendations. They can provide insights into whether the specific gearbox model is suitable for reversible operation and any precautions or adjustments needed to ensure proper functioning.
How to Calculate the Input and Output Speeds of a Worm Gearbox?
Calculating the input and output speeds of a worm gearbox involves understanding the gear ratio and the principles of gear reduction. Here’s how you can calculate these speeds:
- Input Speed: The input speed (N1) is the speed of the driving gear, which is the worm gear in this case. It is usually provided by the manufacturer or can be measured directly.
- Output Speed: The output speed (N2) is the speed of the driven gear, which is the worm wheel. To calculate the output speed, use the formula:
N2 = N1 / (Z1 * i)
N2 = Output speed (rpm)
N1 = Input speed (rpm)
Z1 = Number of teeth on the worm gear
i = Gear ratio (ratio of the number of teeth on the worm gear to the number of threads on the worm)
It’s important to note that worm gearboxes are designed for gear reduction, which means that the output speed is lower than the input speed. Additionally, the efficiency of the gearbox, friction, and other factors can affect the actual output speed. Calculating the input and output speeds is crucial for understanding the performance and capabilities of the worm gearbox in a specific application.
Advantages of Using a Worm Reducer in Mechanical Systems
Worm reducers offer several advantages that make them suitable for various mechanical systems:
- High Gear Reduction Ratio: Worm gearboxes provide significant speed reduction, making them ideal for applications that require a high gear reduction ratio without the need for multiple gears.
- Compact Design: Worm reducers have a compact and space-saving design, allowing them to be used in applications with limited space.
- Self-Locking: Worm gearboxes exhibit self-locking properties, which means that the worm screw can prevent the worm wheel from reversing its motion. This is beneficial for applications where the gearbox needs to hold a load in place without external braking mechanisms.
- Smooth and Quiet Operation: Worm gearboxes operate with a sliding motion between the teeth, resulting in smoother and quieter operation compared to some other types of gearboxes.
- High Torque Transmission: Worm gearboxes can transmit high torque levels, making them suitable for applications that require powerful torque output.
- Heat Dissipation: The sliding action between the worm screw and the worm wheel contributes to heat dissipation, which can be advantageous in applications that generate heat during operation.
- Stable Performance: Worm reducers offer stable and reliable performance, making them suitable for continuous operation in various industrial and mechanical systems.
Despite these advantages, it’s important to note that worm gearboxes also have limitations, such as lower efficiency compared to other gear types due to the sliding motion and potential for higher heat generation. Therefore, selecting the appropriate type of gearbox depends on the specific requirements and constraints of the application.
editor by CX 2023-10-09